Optical Shop Hours of Operation
Please call to confirm availability. 973-379-2544 x 6
- Monday: (9:00am – 6:00pm)
- Tuesday: (9:00am - 4:00pm)
- Wednesday: (9:00am - 4:00pm)
- Thursday: Call to confirm
- Friday: (9:00am - 2:00pm)
- Lunch: (12:00am - 1:00pm)
Short Hills Optical was established in 1998 to offer our valued patients a full range of services to accommodate any lifestyle and budget.
Education is a very important part of the eyewear and lens selection process. Our licensed optician has many years of experience working in ophthalmology practices, educating patients and helping them select the proper eyewear and lenses. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of frame and lens choices, including the latest in breakthrough technology.
As part of our full service capabilities we offer:
- Fulfillment of any eyeglass prescription by a highly trained professional
- Personalized attention for selection of eyewear and lenses
- Unsurpassed warrantees
- Lifetime free cleaning and adjustments
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Short Hills Optical maintains a variety of styles from high fashion designer brands to value package eyewear. We take pride in our selection and keeping up with all of the latest designers and trends are of the utmost importance to us.
We insist only on providing superior lenses for our patients and are pleased to offer the latest lenses available such as:
- Progressive (Varilux no-line) Bifocals
- Superior Non-Glare Lenses (for 10% crisper clearer vision, preventing glare under artificial light. computers, night driving, florescent lighting)
- Polarized sunglass lenses, for the best in glare protection
- High Index lenses (thinner) for higher strength prescriptions
- Transition lenses, which go from light to dark, according to changing light
- Trivex plastic lenses, are one of the strongest and most impact resistant lenses available
- Computer lenses, feature a larger intermediate area, perfect for working at a computer.
Over 30 million Americans wear contact lenses, according to the American Optometric Association. Unlike glasses, contact lenses move with your eyes so you can enjoy a larger field of vision with fewer distortions. You also don't have to deal with frames hovering in your peripheral vision or external lenses that fog up on cold days or get wet in the rain.
Our contact lens department carries a wide variety of lenses including the latest in aspheric designs and high moisture silicone hydrogels. We also have progressive and bifocal contacts for patients over 40 and toric lenses for patients with astigmatism.
Our services include:
- Same day fulfillment of orders for lenses in stock
- 1-2 day fulfillment for most other lenses
- Knowledgeable staff to instruct patients on the proper insertion and care of lenses
- Convenient ordering via voice mail, email or online
» To order online, click here.
If you would like more information about Optical Shop or to schedule an appointment, feel free to fill out our convenient contact form or call us directly at 973-379-2544.